Sunday 5 June 2011

Return of the Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley


October 2004, Hodder & Stoughton 
96 pages, Paperback
Personal Copy 

Humour (dark) 

Lots of bunnies, intriguing ways of bunnies reaching premature death, not for faint stomached, lots of violence/gore.

Disclaimer: I am by no means making fun of the act of suicide. I have been affected by it in my life, and it is not my intention to hurt or offend anyone. I'm writing this review because I love this book. 

Summary from Hodder & Stoughton 
This is dark humour at its best - a collection of hilarious and outrageous cartoons which will appeal to anyone in touch with their evil side.

Nayuleska's reasons for loving the bunnies so much...they are such a determined bunch! More entertaining than lemmings. 

How nasty/evil is the enemy? The bunnies are their own worst enemy, who are geniuses at figuring out different ways to leave the world. 

Are there plenty of plot twists/surprises? Each page brings a new way for bunnies to say a final goodbye to the world. It is so funny! 

My favourite part in the book was...all of it. Maybe its the writer in me, but I love this book. I'm a bunny fan, and it made me laugh a lot. 

I so give this 10/10 for inventiveness. 

You can find out more about Andy and his bunnies on his website.

Suggested reads
Great news! There's a Suicidal Bunny App! (for itouch/ipad/iphone only) I'm uploading later today.  

For an equally hilarious, and less dark read, try The Rabbit Problem by Emily Gravett (and a lot of rabbits)

No comments: