Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen (Young Adult, Paranormal)


3rd November 2011, Scholastic
252 pages, Paperback
Review copy 

Young Adult, Paranormal 

Themes: vampires, different dimensions, teen crush, evil killer, highly supportive friends, a nice lot of action, some violence/romance, and some humour. 

Summary from Scholastic
What if Edward Cullen was real? What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world - and came into yours? Amy is in love with an imaginary boy: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he is Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo! Together, Amy and her literary crush set out to track Vigo, hoping also to find out how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, how can Amy ever bear to let him return to the world of fiction? 

Nayuleska's thoughts 
Being aware of the depths of some people's obsession with vampires, I opened the book and started reading. (OK, that sounds really obvious, but what I mean to say is that I picked it up to read from my reading pile, at a time when I'm mostly looking for lighter reads (avoiding some paranormal books)). I was nearly late to work because I finished it when I woke up in the morning. I actually prefer Amy's friend Katie as a character. She provides the extra stability Amy needs, she's pretty ferocious when it comes to stopping villains and Katie uses an awesome weapon which made me laugh. This 9/10 isn't too heavy a read. 

You can find out more about Allison Van Diepen and her books on her website

Suggested reading
For a much creepier read, try the paranormal romance Be Mine by Kelly Daniels


2 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I wondered what this one might be like. I saw it in a magazine and it really appealed to me. I like the sound of the Kelly Daniels one too.

Nayuleska said...

I highly recommend them both ^o^