Sunday 15 April 2012

Nayu's News #7

(Kirino from Bamboo Blade deep in thought) 

Evening all! This is a super fast email. 

Winners have been announced for the chocolate competition in the post below this one (yes it is a little bit of effort to link it, especially when its on the same blog). 

This weekend has not been one for reading. It wasn't exactly planned that way. 



Yesterday morning I had an emergency trip to the vet. My male zebra finch, Zack, who I've had over 2 years could barely perch. He'd flop down to the floor of the cage, and not get very far. I was pretty upset, convinced I wouldn't get him back. So I raced to the vets, while staying within the speed limit. I was the only one there, so I was seen straight away. 

  (Zack mostly looks like this)

Zack is officially the first zebra finch on their records. When we got him out, he flew around the room before the vet caught him. She explained because he's a small bird he might snuff it while she examines him. I hastily reassured her that I knew the risks - I was surprised he was still alive when I got him out the car. 

She checked for all signs of infection, but there were none. She had another flying demonstration when he wriggled out of her grasp. She tested all his limbs and wings - he was fine. I asked if it was a stroke or something, as family, who have had zebra finches before, said that can happen. The vet called it a funny episode. It might happen again, it might got. He could perch a little, so as long as the quality of life is good (drinking/eating/perching) and he isn't 'ill', then there's nothing that can be done. 

I was so happy to take him home. My heart broke when I walked in because I heard his mate Snow (a bengalese finch) cheeping in a tone that shows her distress (usually for when I take the eggs out of the nest and don't put them back. I hasten to add most are infertile as cross breeding is not that successful). I think she was as glad I was to have him back. 

(This is from the anime Card Captor Sakura: Sakura (on the right) and her friend Tomoya (left) are baking a cake. I haven't seen this episode yet (I don't think so...), but I will do over the next weeks) 

Emotionally I think that took more out of me than I realised. I had 2 bananas, so I baked a banana cake. I used to bake a lot, but since my health has been worse I haven't been able to do that. The cake was delicious, and is in the freezer for when a friend comes over in a few weeks. I will not be baking often any more - I was shattered last night, and will be feeling the effects for a few days. It didn't help that family came over today - 2 under 5's too - so didn't have a quiet day. That's why I'm signing off in a moment and going to be watching dvds tongiht.  Which will include Wins! 

 (Here are the Winx girls all dressed up to party! Sadly it doesn't have a happy ending - poor Stella ends up transformed into a monster sort of like Shrek, with webbed feet and hands. She gets turned back after one or two episodes)

Too tired to read :( Hopefully I can read tomorrow. 

Hope you've done something fun today, and I'll be back here tomorrow! 

(Holo from the anime Spice and Wolf - super excited to see it in June!)

No comments: