Monday 2 April 2012

What are you reading? #109

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.

  
Books I've read this week
 


The Horse Road by Troon Harrison
Children's, Historical
(You really don't want to stand between a girl and her beloved horse - not Kallisto!)
9/10







Jasmine Skies by Sita Brahmachari
Young Adult
Release Date:  April 2012
(You will not have all the answers to Mira's problems at the end of the book, but that's just like life...)
9/10







The Railway Rabbits: Barley and the Duck Race by Georgie Adams
Children's, 5 years +
(This is an undeniably adorable read with illustrations that scream cute and fluffy!  My review...)
10/10









My Own Special Way by Mithaa Alkhayyat retold by Vivian French
Children's, 5 years +
(A hilarious and true example of a girl finding her unique way to wearing the headscarf and being like her older sisters...)
10/10









The Magnificent Moon Hare by Sue Monroe
Children's, 7 years +
(The tale of how a royal little madam finds a few manners and starts to take are of her things...see my review for more....)
10/10











Books I've reread





Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley
Children's, 10 years +
(I adore this fairy series and reread in preparation for the sequel Indigo Magic...)
10/10










Books I'm rereading





Ballet for Drina by Jean Estoril
Children's
(This is a series I haven't reviewed here yet, but I read it heaps when I was little and finally have my own set of them!)
10/10









The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Young Adult
(I've got book 2 and I really want to reread book one first. I'm starting this tonight).
10/10







 So how was your week in books?  Feel free to share in the comments below!




No comments: