Monday 22 October 2012

Princess Evie's Ponies: Diamond the Magic Unicorn by Sarah KilBride & Sophie Tilley (Children's, Picture book, 10/10)



September 2012, Simon and Schuster
32 Pages, Paperback
Review copy

Themes: life for a princess, very special ponies, pony sports, doing your best, winning isn't everything, some pleasant surprises, lots of fun, so many cute outfits and magical moments, a tissue is needed (I cry when I get really happy)

Summary from Simon & Schuster
Princess Evie is crazy about her ponies. But Princess Evie's ponies aren't like any other ponies - oh no! Her ponies are magic ponies and, whenever Princess Evie rides them, she is whisked away on a magical adventure in a faraway land . . .
 
In this seventh book in the series, Princess Evie and Sparkles, the kitten, find themselves in a magical world of cloud sprites and unicorns! Evie is invited to take part in the Unicorn Games, will Diamond be good enough to win a prize?

Nayuleska's thoughts
I was so excited to read this book as it's the first full book of Evie that I've read. (See suggested read at the bottom of this review to see which book of hers I've read). You can feel the magic in the super cute pastel clothes Evie and the sprites wear. I loved the different styles of clothes which were well matched with the unicorns manes that are exactly how I imagined horses when I was little, long and bright coloured. 

The pull out pony at the back of the book will make it even easier for readers relive Evie's adventure. It's all about Evie taking part in events, regardless of whether she wins or not. Sparkles is my favourite character. He's in almost every scene with expressions that made me smile. I wanted to pick him up and tickle his beautiful creamish tummy. This delightful book gets 10/10 from me.

You can find out more on the dedicated website.

Suggested read
You can choose your own pony colours in the Princess Evie's Ponies: Sticker Colouring book 

 

No comments: