Monday 5 November 2012

What are YOU reading? #140


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read


A Message To Your Heart by Niamh Greene
Fiction
(Losing her phone is the start of life for Frankie, not the disaster she feels it to be...)
10/10


The Fairytale Hairdresser and Cinderella by Abie Longstaff & Lauren Beard
Children's, Picture book
(This is the best retelling of Cinderella ever! Cute & sassy...check out my review for more!)
10/10



Wolf Springs Chronicles #2: Hot Blooded by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Young Adult
(I got heaps of shivers reading this book - be warned there is a cliff hanger ending!!) 
9/10





Books I've re-read


Wolf Springs Chronicles #1: Unleashed by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Young Adult
 (Got to love the werewolves who enter Kat's life...) 
9/10



The Fairytale Hairdresser by Abie Longstaff & Lauren Beard
Children's, Picture book
(This super cute first book in the series introduces the famous hairdresser in fairyland!)
10/10





What I've watched


Prison Break: Season 1
...Drama, Action.  For some reason I seem to dip in and out of episodes, using them when I've got some time to watch something but not enough to watch a full episode. I adore this show - which has one of my friends rather surprised because of the violent content!



H2O: Just Add Water
...Drama.  This is my safe, fluffy and light show to relax to. It's funny and even better now I'm re-watching it for the second time round!



Shugo Chara: Doki!
...I've now finished this season, and have moved on to Shugo Chara: Party! Doki got a bit serious which is why I delayed watching the final episodes. Party drives me a bit nuts as it isn't 100% anime, but I just skip forward the parts with real people in. 2nd time round I'm not skipping the skits with the Shugo Charas as they are rather funny now I know them well. I adore having Dia with Amu permanently. 



Bodacious Space Pirates
...Anime.  I'm a bit addicted to this show - it's awesome! Most anime like it have a fair amount of inappropriate content which is why it's so awesome to have one which is almost totally 'clean'. There's a real sense of camaraderie here, lots of action and adventure too!



Hanasaku Iroha
...Anime.  This is a quieter anime, but by no means boring. Learning about how a hot spring inn in Japan works is interesting. Ohana is hard working, and rallies the team around - yet she has to rely on them when she's seriously ill in one episode. Again another show with strong camaraderie. 



Lilpri
...Anime.  Not loving the new opening/closing songs. However, the plot twists are increasing, it's nice to learn more about the truth of what's going on, alongside the usual hilarity.



Winx: Season 2
...Little beats watching my favourite show, especially when I need to unwind...




No comments: