Thursday 14 February 2013

Fairy Lies by E D Baker (Children's, 11 years +, 9/10)



Please note: until I'm caught up with reviews after being ill with a cold, I'm omitting the 'themes' part of my reviews. 

January 2013, Bloomsbury
256 pages, Paperback
Review copy 

Summary from Bloomsbury

As if finding out that you're no ordinary schoolgirl but a fairy princess wasn't enough, now Tamisin has been stolen away by fairies! In this delightful sequel to Fairy Wings, the fairy princess Tamisin has been kidnapped from her home in the human world by Oberon, king of the fairies, who thinks he's her father. When Tamisin's boyfriend, Jak, finds out, he sets off to rescue her. In this funny and heart-warming chase through the land of fairies, goblins, sphinxes, unicorns and many more, Tamisin and Jak must look for each other, and find their way back to the human world.

Nayuleska's thoughts 
The vibrant cover first caught my attention, then I got swept away with the premise. Being a fairy princess is pretty cool. Being kidnapped by your own father is not as cool as it sounds. I adored Tamsin and her companions who accompanied her some of the time on her adventure where she encountered trolls, mermaids and Sphinxes. This is a 9/10 read because occasionally the story felt a bit disjointed and the characters stepped out of character for a moment or two. 

You can find out more on E D's website.

Suggested read

For more tales of fairies try Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley. 
 

2 comments:

ali said...

I think I read book one, Fairy Wings, but never this one.

Nayuleska said...

The opposite is true for me :)