Tuesday 27 August 2013

Night School: Fracture by C. J. Daugherty (Young Adult, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)


August 2013, Atom, 374 pages, Paperback, Review copy, Short 'n' Sweet review 

Content: lots of peril, some grim moments, moderate teen romance

Summary from Little, Brown
 Cimmeria has been more than a school for Allie, it's been a safe haven. But no longer.

A nefarious group - one that is tied up with Allie's family in ways she could barely imagine - is trying to destroy everything Cimmeria stands for.

Even worse, it's clear that somebody they eat with, sleep with, train with is betraying them. There's a spy in Night School. As the paranoia grows and the fights begin, it's not an attack from outside they need to worry about . . .

Nayuleska's thoughts 
Book 1, Night School is the whole reason why I invented a new mega special grade, 10E/10E. Book 2, Legacy was a mixed read for me. However, having read Fracture I now understand why Allie acted as she did in Legacy - it was the build up for Fracture's story, which I ADORE! 

Seriously, this is as good if not better than Night School. No, I'm not creating another new grade - 10EE/10EE looks like a typo! It is so wow. I was dreading reading it a bit, in part because of the latter half of Legacy, and also at the moment I want happier reads. I loved how much danger there was for Allie, but it wasn't always in your face. The teen romance was a tad annoying (you can tell I haven't read romance for over a month!), but no worse than normal. I loved Allie's punishments - she totally deserved them as she'd been a right idiot in Legacy. She learns actions have consequences. I learned that this isn't the final book in the series - somehow I'd gotten it into my head that it was. Yay! It isn't! And book 4 looks INCREDIBLE!!!!  

Happy sigh. Go read this awesome series!

You can find out more on C. J's website

Suggested read
These are obvious: Night School (Young Adult, 10/10E)

Night School Legacy(Young Adult, 6/10 (this grade will change upon reread!)

No comments: