Monday 23 September 2013

What are YOU reading? #185



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read 


Growing Up For Girls by Felicity Brooks
Children's, Non-Fiction
9/10
(Lots of important info that girls growing up need...)




The Forever Whale by Sarah Lean
Children's, 9 years +
10/10
(A heart moving story about a girl and her beloved grandfather who has Alzheimer's.)




Just Peachy by Jean Ure
Children's, 9 years +
10/10
(Considering what her family are like, Peaches manages to speak her mind!)




Koala Calamity Surf's Up by Jonathan Meres and Neal Layton
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(There's a laugh to be had on every page with these crazy koala siblings!)




 Olive & Moss: Louis the Lion, Margot and Mo, Michael the Monkey, Colette the Cow
Children's, Picture book
9/10
(Stunning colour coordination in these books perfect for those with little hands.) 







Watched 


Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10E
(I'm nearly at the episode of Musa's concert which I have a tendency to play at least 3 times in a row....) 




Winx: Season 4
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10E
(I'm eagerly awaiting Stella's not quite appropriate dismissal of Roxy being the last fairy on Earth - squee! love this season!) 




Winx:  Season 5
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10E
(More squeesome fairy fun from my favourite show.)




Pop Pixie
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10E
(just seen the one where the elves put a spell on the gnomes, who then hate the pixies and try to run them out of town!) 




Angel's Friends
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
9/10
(Attempting to rewatch this show to get to the point where they are episodes I haven't seen before in this angel based show. Might be on hiatus til Spring as it isn't the lightest of watches...) 




H20: Just Add Water:  Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
10/10E
(This is the light-hearted type of show which I need during the Winter months where the cold increases my pain. There is danger, but there is always something postive in the show.)




Care Bears
Anime, English version
10/10
(This newest version is so adorable! I love the bright colours.) 




My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10/10E
(A colleague's daughter was saying how she's learning stuff by watching this show - I told my colleague she's right, and I highly recommend this for everyone to watch with a focus on friendship, good manners, & what to do in tricky situations.) 




Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
(This is an extremely happy & bubbly anime, with some quite deep moments but always with a lot of fun inbetween. It's my new favourite anime!) 




A Little Sugar Snow Fairy
Anime, English version
10/10E
(I couldn't find a subbed version, so watched the dubbed which is really good. Graphics are adorable and the heroiine is a girl I've been using in my blog pics! More on that in the next Nayu's News!) 




AKB0048
Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(Ah, such a good show. Yes I cried during the 2 election episodes because the speeches are moving - as are the reactions to them. Not long until Mimori becomes a successor!) 







Craft & other things
Nothing this week - been tired, and relaxing! If my body cooperates I hope to do some of my jigsaw puzzle this weekend. Until Spring comes I will be resting a bit more as the colder weather doesn't agree with me.


No comments: