Tuesday 11 February 2014

Little Bear and the Butterflies by Susan Quinn and Caroline Pedler (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, semi-short 'n' sweet)


1st March 2014, QED, 24 pages, Hardback, Review copy

Summary from Fishpond (I couldn't find the book up yet on the QED website)
Mummy Bear's favorite game when she was little was chasing butterflies in Bluebell Meadow. Now Little Bear can't wait to find this magical place for herself, but it's time for her nap. When a butterfly lands on her nose, she sets out to find Bluebell Meadow with the help of her animal friends.

Nayuleska's thoughts
I thought the cheerful cover was cute, but as I kept reading the pictures got even more adorable. I fell in love with the cute pink parts on both Rabbit and Mouse. Seeing them have so much fun made me think of Spring and Summer when I hear the village school children playing outside. I wanted to give them all a hug then join in the fun. Their delight is clear from what they say and how they react to seeing what they hoped to see. There is an air of magic to the tale, one which is left for the reader to decided what to think. I liked the ideas at the back of the book for talking points about the story to further comprehension.

Suggested read
Another cute story about mother and her child is I Love You Mummy Duck (9th book down) by Dawn 
Richards & Heidi D'hamers (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)

No comments: