Thursday 20 February 2014

Nancy Drew Mystery: The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene (Young Adult, audio book, 10/10E)

 May 2002, Listening Library, 3 hours & 9 minutes, Audio book, Personal copy

Themes: adventure, having a car, helping others, trapped, wills, seeking the truth, lies, generosity, having a housekeeper,
 
Content: some humour, lots of major peril,

Summary from Listening Library
 Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will.

Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will. - See more at: http://www.randomhouse.com/audio/listeninglibrary/catalog/display.php?isbn=9780807207567#sthash.Q3b0lVC2.dpuf
Nayuleska's thoughts
It has been many years since I read Nancy's adventures. I thought of getting them in audio book form as I know I enjoy them, and even though I've forgotten the stories I know they are an easy read not needing that much brain power which is important for me in my audio book choice. I find listening to unknown books far harder than if I read them. 

All the parts of Nancy's life which I loved the first time around are even better now. I admire her independence, I love how she has her own car which helps her investigations. I love her father and Hannah the housekeeper who care for Nancy dearly and look after her needs. I love Nancy's sweet nature, the way she knows her manners and seeks to help everyone out. It's a perfect adventure detective series which had me captivated for hours when I was little. This first adventure is full of tension and drama-it's a bit frustrating that it's going to take a long time to get all the books, but it'll be well worth the wait! I do now have book 2 ^o^

Suggested read
Other mystery loving girls include Kentucky Thriller by Lauren St John (Children's, 9 years +, 10E/10E) 

No comments: