Saturday 26 April 2014

Magic Trix Magic Mansion by Sara Grant (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)


March 2014, Orion Children's Books, 176 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Themes: magic in ordinary life, compassion, helping others, party time, tests, working together, being hasty, meeting deadlines

Content: Lots of humour and tension, tissues needed.

Summary from Orion
Trix is desperate to attend the exciting and glamorous Sisterhood of Magic Ball, but first she must pass a series of magical tests. Can Trix draw on all her witchy know-how - and the power of friendship - to become the belle of the ball?

Nayuleska's thoughts
I still have tears in my eyes as I type this review from finishing yet another awesome magical read. Trix is so likeable and kind that every mishap made me feel all jumbled up inside my tummy. Her excitement and fear throughout the tests kept me holding my breath in several places. There are so many cool elements to this installment. If I have to pick one it would be the way Trix had to choose shoes.

Trix manages to get the other witches working together except for Stella. Doing the right thing seems to be the wrong thing for Trix, which is why the end had me crying hard.She is an ideal role model for readers, since there are times when she wants to be mean but, through Jinx's point of view readers learn it's better to be kind. I had guessed one plot twist straight away, but that meant I was eager to read it when it was completed, and also probably explains why I cried at the end. I'm desperately hoping there are more adventures for Trix!

Find out more on the dedicated website.

Suggested read
Be sure to check out other books in the series including Magic Trix: Secrets and Spies (Children's, 9 years +, 10E/10E)

No comments: