Sunday 1 June 2014

Nayu's News #130 Gearing up for Ramadan!

Ramadan 2014 is more or less a month away. It's due to start about 28th June, as per usual the date varies depending on which moon sighting you follow. 

Either way, it's an important month (Islamic calendar follows a lunar calendar) full of fasting from dawn to dusk if you can (I can't, and I'm exempt due to my health), focusing more on God and less on material things. 


I will be reading lots of books, just those without love in them. 

So I'm still accepting books with romance in for review, there'll just be a delay on reading them if I don't get them finished before Ramadan starts. 
I never stop being a book lover!
The same is true for anime. Some I'll skip not because they have love in, but they aren't necessarily as focused on particular values as they could be (ie Aikatsu is all about becoming an idol/celebrity, not the best characteristic to be watching during Ramadan). I'll be watching the following anime for sure: 

Aqua all series (All about working hard. There's a smidge of romance but it is a smidge & I can miss it if I want)


Haibanae Remnei (looks at the issue of repentance, sin, angels) 


Strawberry Shortcake (Strawberry is the one who wants to help her friends help each other)

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Also cute with friendship highly valued - so the subtitle does give away the show's theme!)

A Little Princess (A classic tale of never giving up and always being nice to others)

If you're forgetful, like me, or are new to NRC and weren't here for last year's Ramadan, rest assured there will be a weekly post with essential Ramadan information presented in Nayu style with fun pics! Here's a link to the first 2013 Ramadan post for extra clarity. I will be mentioning the link to this and my previous Ramadan posts throughout Ramadan.
The pics will be mostly of Muslim girls during Ramadan - some things don't change!  Gives me an excuse to go picture hunting online ^o^

No comments: