Monday 25 August 2014

What are YOU reading? #232



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Read

The Phoenix Presents: How To Make Awesome Comics by Neill Cameron
Children's, Non-Fiction
10/10E
(Great tips for comic making as well as a few story tips for writers too!)





Angela Nicely Superstar! by Alan MacDonald and David Roberts
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Angela has to find a talent, goes on a nature trail and plays football-just not all at once!)





Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins? By Liz Kessler
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Jess's life changes mostly for the better when she becomes invisible, although she ends up in a lot of scary situations too!)





The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan
Food Fiction
9/10E
(Another fascinating read from Jenny about a chocolate shop in Paris and how it changes two women's lives...)





Going Home by Cliff McNish
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(I may prefer cats but his tale from the animals' point of view made me cry and smile...a lot!)





Frankie Dupont and the Mystery of Enderby Manor by Julie Anne Grasso
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A charming sleuthing story...)





The River Singers by Tom Moorhouse
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Must be read with tissues in hand, especially if you love animals!)








Watched


Cardcaptor Sakura:  Season 2
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(I finished it! Taken a few years but we won't go into that. It ended up being not as dark as expected, and it a rather sweet!)





Princess Sara (A Little Princess)
REWATCH! - Anime, French
10E/10E
(Poor Sara feels alone when all the other girls go on holiday – even Becky gets sent away for the next episode...)





Holby City
Drama, English
9/10E
(A really good episode if you were me [poor Jac was misunderstood. She is not as cold as she seems], although a friend thought it was ok...)





Casualty
Drama, English
6/10E
(I'm being generous...yet another episode I wasn't fond of.)





Once Upon A Time:  Season 1 & 2
English
10/10E
(The story is coming along in leaps and bounds. I love all the layers, I don't like the scary beast in season 2, but I've been told it doesn't appear very much. Phew! I'm not sure if I'd watch it again, but I'm fully enjoying it this time around!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Very excited as tonight I'll be watching the episode where Mion appears! Yay!)





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Still at the stage where Beru is an antagonist, but I love her because of it.)





Puri Para/Pri Para
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(It continues to be AMAZING!!! So lovely and upbeat. *happy sigh*)





Jewelpet Tinkle
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Akari gets another Jewelstar – whoohoo!)










Craft, Games & More
It's been a semi-busy week craft wise I finished one baby blanket and started a blanket for a young girl in my family. It's cute and has girly colours; lots of pink & purple!

I've been branching out with my gaming this week. As well as the 3 10E/10E regulars...




Ice Age Village 
My Little Pony 
Littlest Pet Shop 





....I've been getting back into Diner Dash Deluxe for Kindle! I'm proud to say you don't need to use boosts to clear each level or get expert score in this 10E/10E game. I refuse to use them as I'm not fond on them in this particular version. Once I get started, I have to keep going until I finish the levels. I'm cutting back on gaming for a little while as it means I've read less, which although is fun doesn't get review books read. So limited time only for gaming! Otherwise I can spend hours on it ^o^







No comments: