Monday 1 September 2014

What are YOU reading? #233






What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


What Are You Playing At? by Marie-Sabine Roger and Anne Sol
Children's, Non-Fiction, Flap book
10/10E
(A funny and true depiction of turning gender stereotypes around...)





Milly, Molly and BushBob by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(If you are used to something, you can't imagine any other way of life as BushBob discovers...)





Miss Prince by Alicia L. Wright
Children's, 11 years +
9/10E
(I loved the way vampires are created!)





The Phoenix Presents Long Gone Don by The Etherington Brothers
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(A totally bonkers tale that made me laugh a lot!)





The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald
11 years +
8/10E
(Apple tart was almost the sweetest part of this cleverly layered story!) 





Knightmare: Feast Fight by Peter Bently
Children's, 5 years +
10/10E
(Having the King and Queen visit Sir Percy causes Cedric endless trouble...)





Knightmare: Damsel Distress by Peter Bently
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(I love the princess's attitude!)





Mulberry to the Rescue! by Che Golden
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(Horse thieves make Sam's life both upsetting and exciting!) 





Finding A Voice by Kim Hood
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(Jo struggles with her mum's mental illness, but making a new friend changes everything [eventually]...)





Tiger Moth by Suzi Moore
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Family secrets, danger and friendship...)









Listened


Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Evil Author alert, this ends with a cliffhanger!!!! I'm one unhappy reader as a result!)









Watched


Once Upon A Time
Fantasy drama, English
9/10E
(Season 2 is much darker so I'm only able to watch an episode 1-3 times a week rather than 3+ per viewing session...)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(Apple Bloom struggles to deal with teasing about the way Granny Smith makes zap apple jam...)





Puri Para
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Waiting for each new episode for this super fun series is a form of torture! I'm loving it so much I'm simply rewatching the eps until another comes out!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(*happy sigh* I wish being a prism star was real! The jumps are heaps of fun!)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(I love how I'm suped excited about each episode despite having seen it a few times already...)





Casualty
Drama, English
2/10E
(I only watched part of the episode before giving up. Not watching anymore!)










Craft, Games and more!
Here's a picture of one blanket I've finished...






Here's one I'm working on....




And I can't show you the one I'm doing for a friend as she visits my blog regularly and I don't want her to see it before I give it on Monday.




Games...



....I've been playing heaps on Diner Dash for Kindle, or maybe Cooking Dash...both are by PlayFirst and brilliant, highly addictive if you have a scrap of competitiveness, which I do. 10/10E as I prefer permanent boosts not ones which last briefly. 





I've played a little on Littlest Pet Shop, Ice Age and My Little Pony by Gameloft but not heaps on these 10E/10E games as I wasn't in the mood. 





I've also played on Gardens Inc From Rakes to Riches, which is 9/10E this week as I find the thieves annoying and not endearing as they steal money! Bring back the crows!!





No comments: