Monday 12 January 2015

What are YOU reading? #251




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Young Adult
8/10E
 (An engaging read about depressed teens seeking suicide...)










Listened


One Night in Italy by Lucy Diamond
Fiction
9/10E
(Heartache, heartbreak, love and family ties link 3 very different women together...)





The Pollyanna Plan by Talli Roland
Fiction
9/10E
(Having a positive attitude to life is eventually rewarding, as Emma reluctantly agrees to throw logic out the window...)





When the Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall
Fiction, Amish fiction
10E/10E
(A intriguing continuation of this Amish trilogy focusing on family and friendship.)





When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall
Fiction, Amish fiction
10E/10E
(The end to this Amish trilogy was as I predicted in the first book, but that didn't spoil my enjoyment of Hannah and her friends' tale, as there is so much character growth which I can relate to...)









Watched


Prison Break: Season 1-3
Drama, Thriller, English version
9/10E
(This thrilling series continues to surprise me with subplots!)





Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English version
10/10E
(Seeing is believing when the Biscuit twins learn how to be nice in one episode...not that they continue to do so afterwards!)





Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E 
(I remember it was a seasonal episode...and that is all I can recall!)






Holby City
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(There were several moments where I loved Jack...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic:  Season 3
Anime, English version
(Just got 1 film to watch then I can start the new to me season 4!)






Waterloo Road
School drama, English version
8/10E
(Oddly the BBC have now put it on BBC 3 not BBC 1, and put it on a Monday. Most of the show was ok, it started getting back to its usual melodramatic self near the end.)





Winx:  Season 6
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I'm so close to seeing the girls get Mythix power! Ì'm loving this series as much as the others!)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I love dipping in and out of all 3 seasons, seeing some similarities between Ichigo and Mizuki in seasons 1 and 3!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Ah, watching Mars perform prism jumps makes me wish they were real...)





PriPara
(some) REWATCH(ing) - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(The end of one major plot was a huge surprise, as is the arrival of mysterious Faruru, whose song is captivating.)









Craft, games and more
Playing on the usual 3 10E/10E Gameloft games...



...with excitement being I've got an alligator family in Ice Age Village, saving up for a Royal Guard in My Little Pony, and got my favourite ladybug in Littlest Pet Shop.



I've been very busy crafting while I listen to audiobooks and watch various drama.
I've finished the honey pot beaded cross stitch, managing to break 2 needle threaders + 1 needle in the process.




I've done the cloud on this cute Gorjuss picture.





I've finished this blanket for my friend, making up my own type of border, and started a 2nd one for Nayu's Crochet Dreams. 





I made two pot holders/mats in bright colours.




I made this blanket for the grandfather who died, so I'm giving it to his wife instead. It was hard finishing it knowing he wouldn't receive it as he died 31st Dec.





I forgot to add another pot holder which used up some bamboo yarn





I've completed a blanket which I can't show you because its for when Nayu's Crochet Dreams gets its own website, which is hopefully in a week and a bit. You'll be able to win it!


No comments: