Monday 16 March 2015

What are YOU reading? #260




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



READ


H is for Hawk by Helen McDonald
Auto biography
8/10E
(Fascinating insight about training a hawk while coping with grief...)




A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde
Fiction/Romance/Shop Fiction
10E/10E
(Highly rereadable tale about 3 strangers who set up a wedding business!)




Blindside by Aidan Chambers
Young Adult, Dyslexic friendly
10E/10E
(A touching read about a teen boy who suffers anger outbursts when an accident wrecks his running dreams...)




My Little World: Egg An Eggs-citing Easter Egg-Scapade! 
Children's, Picture book, Board book
10E/10E
(I like how the pattern on each egg sort of matches the patterns and colour on the appropriate page.)




The First Slodge by Jeanne Willis and Jenni Desmond
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(An incredibly cute and funny read!)




The Three Little Pigs by Mara Alperin and Ag Jatkowska
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(The best ever retelling of this famous fairy tale!)




Chicken Licken by Mara Alperin and Nick East
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Such a funny chicken, who creates chaos and brings a criminal to justice...)




Dognapped by Charmaine Clancy
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Family and dog show drama with lots of intrigue!)





Ellie's Magical Bakery: Brilliant Birthday Cakes by Ellie Simmonds
Children's
8/10E
(A sweet read filled with friendship and courage.)




Worry Magic by Dawn McNiff
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Poor Courtney suffers when her parents have relationship issues...)









Listened



Peppercorn Street by Anna Jacobs
Fiction
10E/10E
(An absolutely thrilling read with lots of peril for residents on Peppercorn Street in a variety of ages who experience stalking, domestic violence, intimidation, friendship, baking classes, and laughter.)




The Second Chance Cafe by Alison Kent
Amish food fiction
UNFINISHED - 6/10E
(I may eventually listen to this but at the moment the narration isn't my style so I'm leaving it.)




Sweet Temptation by Lucy Diamond
Fiction
STILL LISTENING - 9/10E
(I've listened to very little but its light hearted...)




A Promise of Hope by Amy Clipston
STILL LISTENING - Amish fiction
9/10E
(Book 2 is turning out well so far!)









WATCHED


Casualty
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(I'm the only one in my family and friends' circle of viewers who thought it was a good ep this week...)




Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Loads of drama, glad Emma's with Jack [her mother]; she has grown up fast to be a cute toddler!)




Call the Midwife
Medical drama, English version
10E/10E
(A real bittersweet final episode which requires tissues...)




Aikatsu:  Season 3
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Hinaki finally gets a Vivid Kiss premium dress!)




Aikatsu:  Season 2
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I've watched Ran battle to be her healthy self in making ehomaki sushi...)




PriPara
REWATCH! - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Rewatching Lala chase after Sophie to be her team mate is so much fun knowing the outcome!)









Craft, games and more
I've made significant progress in my 3 favourite Gameloft Games this week.  



In My Little Pony I'm busy saving for the observatory and the royal observatory (one is bought with gems, the other in game currency). Littlest Pet Shop is the usual leveling up. As for Ice Age Village, well upon waking up early one morning I finished listening to Peppercorn Street and sorted out my second village with the t-rex...isn't it pretty! 




I've also restated a new game which is so awesome I'll be reviewing it soon...Winx Fairy School! I'm on my 3rd level, there's lots of quests to do, clothes and bedroom furnishings to get with in-game no purchase needed currency. Check out my bedroom! Yes I love beds. 



Craft wise because I've been ill I've only worked on this Spring blanket. 



To make up for not sewing on Weds (I had low concentration so couldn't follow the chart) I'll be doing several hours of sewing this weekend.





No comments: