Monday 23 March 2015

What are YOU reading? #261





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




READ



Cindercast: A Tale of Tides by Michael Blackbourn
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Unexpectedly captivating tale about a Seelie girl and crab trying to get home. Be warned, cliff hanger end!)





All or Nothing by Lauren Brooke
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This horse boarding school series has lots of drama which is fun to read & easy to relate to.)




The Whitstable Pearl Mystery by Julie Wassmer
Cosy, Fiction
10E/10E
(A not too scary enjoyable murder mystery which I was partially correct about who the murderer was!)





Princess Evie The Rainbow Foal by Sarah KilBride and Sophie Tilley
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Sparkles the cat makes this a lovely girly read with pretty clothes and a charming tale!)




Violet and the Hidden Treasure by Harriet Whitehorn
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E 
(Delighted to see Violet using her climbing skills again! She isn't a natural actress though...)








LISTENED


A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston
Amish Fiction
Listening in progress but so far...10E/10E
(I'm captivated by the lives of the Amish in this Kauffman Bakery series, which deal with so many problems and also joys of life...)





A Promise of Hope by Amy Clipston
Amish Fiction
FINISHED! 10E/10E
(So far 2nd book is my second favourite in the sweet series!)








WATCHED


Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English version
9/10E
(I wasn't surprised that Penny Ling's family in China were different to what she expected...)





Casualty
Medical Drama, English version
9/10E
(This week's episode was really good, but fell a bit flat at the end when Lily agreed to stay & it seemed everything is hunkydory. It's far from it!)





Holby City
Medical Drama, English version
9/10E
(Just like its sister show, Casualty, it was a brilliant ep, and didn't fall flat at the end! It just wasn't full mark material...)





Aikatsu:  Season 3
Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Adoring the new to me episodes, especially the vampire drama which must have been a dream come true for Yurika. Yes this really is the only anime I've watched this week!)





Castle:  Season 1
Crime Drama, English version
9/10E
(This season ends on a tiny cliffhanger, which would be frustrating but my friend is letting me borrow season 2 soon so I'm happy!)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Pinky learns a thing or two about jealousy in the episodes I've seen recently...)





Winx:  Season 6
Magical Girl Anime, French and English version
10E/10E
(The reason I've seen the English version of season 6 is that there's a new singer in the French one, and I'm not so keen on her version of the season 6 songs, so I may just well stick with the English for season 6 since I adore the English songs...)









Craft, games and more
It's been a normal week game wise for my 3 Gameloft top mark games...



...My Little Pony, Ice Age Village, Littlest Pet Shop, and a bit of progress has been made in Winx School too.


I've been fairly productive and made progress with this present for a friend...



One project which will be part of my 2015 Spring Collection is this cute blanket which has a temporary title of Flying Cherry Blossom Dreams...



I can finally show you a gift I made a family member, this cute bookmark. The backing is some craft paper I've had for years, which is thinner than card and thick enough to make it sturdy.




Oh, and I've made good progress with the cute owl picture I'm sewing!



No comments: