Sunday 5 April 2015

Princess Evie The Rainbow Foal by Sarah KilBride and Sophie Tilley (Children's, 5 years +, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

Cute & girly!!!
March 2015, Simon and Schuster, 112 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Content: some peril, cuteness, humour

Summary from Amazon UK (The S&S website hated me, refusing to load no matter which book I looked at! I don't gain anything by mentioning Amazon)
Join Evie and Indigo on a colourful adventure in this new fiction book. Turn to the back for more pony facts and activities. With a free poster too!

Nayu's thoughts
I still squee with delight now that Princess Evie has chapter books, not just picture books for her wonderful tales. She has so much fun helping others and doing the right thing. I'm in love with Sparkles the cat who makes a purrfect companion (I couldn't resist the pun!) and makes Princess Evie a girl I'd admire. Okay, I adore the cute illustrations which seem to sparkle off the page, the style of Princess Evie & the others who are pretty and wear sweet, modest clothes and aren't stick-thin. Plus, come on, horses turning into unicorns are pretty awesome! I liked how the details of the foal's birth was side-stepped, so no gory parts. The poster at the end is rather cool too! 

Be sure to check out the dedicated Princess Evie's Ponies website

Suggested read
Be sure to check out book 1 in this series, Princess Evie: The Forest Fairy Pony (Children's, 5 years +, 10E/10E) 
Very pink!
 

No comments: