Monday 11 May 2015

What are YOU reading? #267





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.






READ


The Chateau On the Lake by Charlotte Betts
Historical, Romance
10/10E
(Truly captivating read about the French Revolution...)





Panther by David Owen
Young Adult
10/10E
(The impact of a sibling's depression is heart tugging!)





Chopstix by A. T. Raydan
Young Adult
9/10E
(Chopsticks make a nifty weapon in this start of a new series read!)





Day Shift by Charlaine Harris
Paranormal Mystery
9/10E
(I only read half of this due to the content clashing with my personal views, but it's an ace read aside from that!)





Murder Simply Brewed by Vanetta Chapman
Amish fiction/Christian fiction
10E/10E
(This is as thrilling a read as Vanetta's other books!)





The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine and Julia Sarda
Young Adult, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This start of a fun series based on an elite shop like Selfridges [& others] had my eyes glued to the page!)






Timber Ridge Riders #1 Keeping Secrets by Maggie Dana
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Fighting her inner demons is the least of Kate's troubles as she finds herself thrown reluctantly into the horse world again...)






The Perfect Job for an Elephant by Jodie Parachini and Caroline Pedler
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(The perfect job for the cute elephant surprised me but made sense...)






Mum Never Did Learn to Knock by Cathy Hopkins
Children's, 11 years +
Dyslexia friendly
10E/10E
(Emily sees her mother as a ghost when she dies which makes people worry about her...)











REREAD


Frankie Dupont and The Mystery of Enderby Manor by Julie Anne Grasso
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(It's a race against time and a clueless detective for Frankie to find a dear friend!)










LISTENED


An Amish Kitchen by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long and Amy Clipston
Amish fiction/Christian fiction
(FINISHED) 10/10E
(3 Amish tales based around the kitchen from 3 prominent Amish fiction writers...)






A Miracle of Hope by Ruth Reid
Amish fiction/Christian Fiction
(IN PROGRESS) 10E/10E
(Superb if slightly strange Amish tale of a girl who ended up pregnant [no idea how yet, beyond the obvious] and gets married off to a guy who only wants her to care for his rebellious deaf daughter...)






A Gift of Grace by Amy Clipston
Amish fiction/Christian fiction
(RE-LISTEN IN PROGRESS) 10E/10E
(This upbeat series which explores ups and downs of life for an Amish family is AMAZING! Best Amish series ever!!! Which is why it's a relisten when I'm super tired but still want something Amish...)






The Teashop on the Corner by Millie Johnstone
Fiction, Shop fiction
(IN PROGRESS) 9/10E
(Slowly the plot thickens for some of the characters in this slice of life story...)






Winx in Concert
Music, French version
(RELISTEN) 10E/10E
(Ah, Winx, how I love listening to you in the car on my way to and from work – makes me happy!)









Watched


Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(Me and a friend can't quite figure Rita out...)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
10/10E
(Henrik is back! He is old and seems mean but he has a smidge of compassion and humour. Love how he is ruffling Guy...)






Winx:  Season 6
Magical girl drama, French version
10E/10E
(Yes, you read correctly. I'm finally watching season 6 in French! Getting used to the new singer ^o^. Got the 3rd volume this week, sadly there's still volume 4 and I've no idea when it will be out. Certainly not out in English yet, but the French version has it in English so do buy it! Love how Flora is most definitely an action girl when she saves her sister Miel [who is not so little and can defend herself]...)






PriPara
SOME REWATCHING - Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(It's wonderful to have subtitles for episodes which I watched raw [without subs] as although I understood the gist of it, it's the finer points which left me baffled. Falulu is one strange vocal doll – non-human – who I can't quite work out. She's cute though!)





Aikatsu: Season 2
Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Slowly I'm getting closer to when Ichigo and Seira beat Mizuki & Mikuru!)






Tinkerbell movie #1-3
(Tinkerbell, Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure, Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue)
Animated film, English version
10/10E
(These films are ace, cute and all about friendship. Even #2 which used to annoy me is now fairly good!)












Craft Games and more....
No gaming recently – just been too tired to think about it.  Craft – been super busy finishing off my competition entry blanket! You'll be able to buy one soon, I promise! 



Also working on sorting out the final blanket for my belated Spring 2015 collection...



...and like you do when you're over tired I've tried to make a crochet flower...



...I'll get there!


Sewing – I've sewn! I discovered some more dark brown yarn so was able to finish off the y in family. Notice the hearts under the word family? Well somehow I've miscounted somewhere so they are a stitch or two out from where they should be, but I can't face unpicking everything and since it's not essential I'm leaving it. This happens in almost every piece of sewing I do so while I'm a bit bothered I can leave it semi-happily.



I baked! I rarely bake as it takes up so much energy but I had a long weekend and wanted to. I made mini sponge cakes, filled and topped them with butter cream.




Gave some to my neighbours (they had marshmallows on top of the frosting but I didn't take a photo), made plain with vanilla icing for me and put thawed frozen blueberries in the middles, a plain chocolate one without marshmallows for one family member and a plain un-iced one for another family member – I catered to everyone's tastes ^o^ It was great fun, and more special since I can't do it that often ^o^






No comments: