Monday 25 May 2015

What are YOU reading? #269



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





READ


Eden's Wish by M. Tara Crowl
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A girl genie wanting to be free makes for a super awesome read from Disney!)






Too Many Cooks by Dana Bate
Contemporary
9/10E
(Learnt a lot about divas and ghostwriting!)





You Can't Take An Elephant On The Bus by Patricia Cleveland-Peck and David Tazzyman
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(Although not quite my style illustration wise, this is a funny book which made me think...)





The Edge of Me by Jane Brittan
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(Harrowing tale of a girl caught up in a war formed gang...)





Saving London by Taylor Dawn
Contemporary
9/10E
(An impressive read, never quite as I thought but in a good way. Loved the ending but suspect not all will!)






A Simple Prayer by Amy Clipston
Amish Fiction, Romance, Christian Romance
10/10E
(Another ace Amish story by a writer whose books I'm slowly devouring!)






I Want My Daddy by Tracey Corderoy and Alison Edgson
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A book so cute it made me cry...)





I Love Dad by Tasha Percy, Natalie Godwin and Zeta Jones
Children's, Non-Fiction, Picture book
10E/10E
(Lots of animal fathers, some with incredible facts that I've never heard of!)





A New Baby Story: Aren't You Lucky? by Catherine and Laurence Anholt
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(I nearly spat out my drink when I read the child's reaction to their new little brother!)






Families, Families, Families by Suzanne Lang and Max Lang
Children's, Picture book, Non-Fiction
10E/10E
(A book celebrating differences in families, and showing how they are all the same.)





Poppy Pickle by Emma Yarlett
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(Poppy has a huge problem and comes up with a clever solution with her imagination...)





Travels of an Extraordinary Hamster by Astrid Desbordes and Pauline Martin
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(You have to see Hamster to understand why he is diabolical!)









REREAD


The Princess Diaries #2 Take Two by Meg Cabot
Young Adult
10/10E
(Mia continues to make me smile with her princess lessons and mishaps...)





The Princess Diaries #3 Third Time Lucky by Meg Cabot
Young Adult
10/10E
(Grandmere is both wonderful and evil for Mia...)









LISTEN


Pea's Book of Best Friends by Susie Day
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This is my first listen of a much loved book, and I know it will be relistened to regularly as it is a 'go to' read...)









Watched


Pop Pixie
Anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(My virtually no romance magic fairy fix, perfect for my Ramadan practice days.)





Winx: Season 2
Magical girl anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(If it's possible I'm even more in love with the fairies than ever!)






Once Upon A Time: Season 2
Fantasy drama, English version
REWATCH! - 10/10E
(I'd forgotten how twisted the plot gets concerning Emma and Mr Gold!)





Tinkerbell The Secret of the Wings
Anime film, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(I love Peri's friends! And Peri...)





Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy
Anime film, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(This time I felt sorry for Zelena from the start, despite what she does...)





Tinkerbell and the NeverBeast
Anime film, English version
10E/10E
(Saddest and scariest Disney Fairies movie to date!)





Beauty and the Beast
Anime film, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Can't get enough of this fairytale at the moment!)






Sandybelle Jonquille
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(On disc 3 and Sandybelle's life is currently a bit like Princess Sarah in A Little Princess...)





Strawberry Shortcake's Adventures in Berry Paradise
Anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Got to the part where the girls compete to be the Berryfest Princess!)





Aikatsu
Music idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(I teared up when Twings got formed because I know they will beat Double M!)









Craft, games, etc
No gaming this week, but I've worked on figuring out colour combinations for a summer blanket...



...and I've started a funky coloured blanket which I take when I go out anywhere in case I have a few free mins...




No comments: