Monday 8 June 2015

Dork Diaries Drama Queen by Rachel Renee Russell (Children's, 9 years +, 9/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 
June 2015, Simon and Schuster, 336 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Content: lots of humour, tween romance,

Summary from Simon and Schuster
The brand NEW instalment from the internationally bestselling DORK DIARIES series, now with 13 million copies in print worldwide!

Perfect for fans of Wimpy Kid, Tom Gates, Jacqueline Wilson and James Patterson.

Nikki's diary is up to the month of April, and springtime is sure to bring more adorkable fun for Nikki and her friends Chloe, Zoey and Brandon!

The brand NEW instalment from the internationally bestselling DORK DIARIES series, now with 13 million copies in print worldwide! Perfect for fans of Wimpy Kid, Tom Gates, Jacqueline Wilson and James Patterson.
Nikki's diary is up to the month of April, and springtime is sure to bring more adorkable fun for Nikki and her friends Chloe, Zoey and Brandon! - See more at: http://books.simonandschuster.co.uk/Dork-Diaries-Drama-Queen/Rachel-Renee-Russell/Dork-Diaries/9781471117701#sthash.wTI6MoCC.dpuf

Nayu's thoughts    
I remember when this appeared in the post because I had a huge smile on my face. I only have to see a Dork Diaries cover and be cheered up because Nikki's life is hilarious, I adore the antics of her little sister who causes trouble, makes me laugh a lot and just sometimes helps Nikki too. Knowing that McKenzie steals Nikki's diary had me more hooked than normal – it does take a while for that incident to happen. 

McKenzie is a bit of a diva, but getting inside her head made me realise why she acts that way some of the time. She might be rich and appear to have everything, but in truth she doesn't. I was a bit annoyed by the lack of maturity in some of Nikki's actions, hence the not quite perfect grade – I guess I shouldn't be surprised as she is young, but how she acted just didn't feel right for me. How she lost her diary was awful, and I adored how she got it back. I'm eager for the next book already!

Find out more on the dedicated website.

No comments: