Monday 8 February 2016

One Snowy Rescue by M Christina Butler and Tina Macnaughton (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

  September 2015, Tiger Tales Books, 32 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Summary from Little Tiger Press
Little Hedgehog is back with another magical adventure! It’s winter and it won’t stop snowing. “Oh no,” Little Hedgehog cries. “I hope Mouse isn’t snowed in too!” With a wriggle, he pulls himself out of his window and SPLAT! into a big snowdrift. He sets off into the woods to check on her – and so begins a very snowy rescue! 

Nayu's thoughts
Throughout this adorable read there's a furry hat to feel on each page, which added an extra element of fun to the tale. I love how cute all the characters look, and the children of the local primary school where I give the children's books I'm unable to keep loved the look of this winter read too. 

This is the first time I've heard of the Little Hedgehog series – he is an adorable character, along with Mouse and the others, who I'm looking forward to sharing more adventures with. They look out for each other and take care in the winter weather. Even though I read this in the warm, I could feel the cold as Little Hedgehog went on his search, which has a happy ending. 
 

No comments: