Sunday 28 February 2016

The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke (Cozy Mystery, Audiobook,10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 November 2015, Red Mountain Shadows Publishing, 4 hours & 27 minutes (book is 212 pages), Audiobook, review copy 

Content: lots of humour, some major peril,

Book summary
Amelia Moore, the founder of the Moore Detective Agency, specializes in missing persons. With the help of Rick Bonito, her new partner, her business is flourishing. When Amelia is hired to search for her client’s grandparents, the case takes them to Ireland. Kate must learn about her heritage. Who are her grandparents and could they still be alive after all these years? Why did her parents leave Ireland suddenly and move to America? Is there more to this case than meets the eye?

Nayu's thoughts
This 2nd in the series book is utterly charming (I reviewed book 1, A Bali Mystery). It's a read I'll listen to again and again when I need something light hearted but want lots of mystery and a bit of peril. I think it's awesome that Amelia gets to travel so widely for her job, although I'm certain now Rick won't let her go anywhere without him, as she accidentally gets into major peril more than once. Their sweet relationship finally came together once Amelia worked through some personal issues, and it hardly affected their job at all. If anything because they trusted each other they were stronger because of being together. 

That aside let's get to the exciting part. I haven't been to Ireland, so getting to explore it with Amelia from my sofa was fun. The descriptions made it easy to imagine the scenery they explored while delving into family history and reunited a family who grew apart through life events out of their control (mostly, although some of the reasons involve certain members losing control). I still giggle at the thought of the majorly cranky receptionist - Amelia certainly isn't always a people person!! I did see why she objected so strongly to certain things but I'd have just done as I was asked. Guess that was my favourite part of the book, but I love all of it and am looking forward to relistening to this fun tale. 

Find out more on Linda's website.

1 comment:

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

What a fun review for this book. Thanks so much.