Monday 1 February 2016

What are YOU reading? #301


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.













Read

Image result for There's More To Life Than Cupcakes by Poppy dolan

There's More To Life Than Cupcakes by Poppy Dolan
Contemporary Fiction
8/10E
(This was possibly a reread but I can't remember...)




 Image result for The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil

The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil
Young Adult
9/10E
(Minorly dystopian, enough that I almost quit reading but glad I didn't!)



Image result for Poppy's Place by Katrina Charman and Lucy Truman

Poppy's Place by Katrina Charman and Lucy Truman
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Best book EVER!!)



Image result for Wish by Leslie A. Susskind and Tanja Tadic,

Wish by Leslie A. Susskind and Tanja Tadic,
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A charming read of a dandelion's journey...)



Image result for Cora the Cow Plops a Patty by Anna Bandanna
Cora the Cow Plops a Patty by Anna Bandana
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Highly amusing read about where animals and people go to the bathroom...)








Listened

Image result for The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke

The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke
Cozy Mystery
FINISHED - 10E/10E
(This 2nd in the series book is utterly charming, exploring Ireland while helping a girl discover her heritage and be reunited with a family she had no knowledge of, while avoiding cranky receptionists and easy to anger pirates!)



Image result for Sprinkled by Gina Lamanna

Sprinkled by Gina Lamanna
Cozy Mystery
NOT FINISHED - 10E/10E
(Brilliant mafia themed cozy mystery where the protagonist is the daughter of a mobster and desperately trying to undertake her first important mission...)


Image result for Lucky Train by Nono and Risa

Lots of Aikatsu music videos, especially Lucky Train by Nono and Risa!








Watched

Image result for aikatsu mizuki

Aikatsu: Season 3
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Recently watched the vampire movie episode, with Mizuki as the head vampire: even Sumire gets turned, but everyone is turned back at the end by vampire hunter Juri with the help of Akari who gives them garlic donuts!)



Image result for PriPara sophie red flash

PriPara
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I've managed to find a site where I can watch the later episodes. It's raw, so no subtitles, but I understand the gist of it. Seen episode 61 where poor Sophie gets given a mega strong Red Flash [pickled plum] which makes her extra sassy in a bad way...)



Image result for aikatsu starlight queen cup

Aikatsu: Season 4
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I'm getting so excited about the Starlight Queen Cup – I want Sumire to win! Although I love all the characters so don't mind who does win, although Sumire and Madoka have my vote! It could be Akari, or Juri, or anyone!)



Image result for Non Non Biyori

Non Non Biyori
Slice of Life anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This laid back tale of girls in a country school with only 5 students is sweet, funny, and relaxing...)




Image result for Winx selkies

Winx: Season 5
Magical Girl anime, French version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I'm really enjoying the special bonds the Winx have with the Selkies, who are have lots of fighting spirit!)



Image result for Holby City henrik

Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Henrik is becoming a bit soft these days, in a good way. Serena's getting an important new plot thread too!)




Image result for Dai Starmiya Ichigo Matsuri

Aikatsu movie: Dai Starmiya Ichigo Matsuri
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I always cry at certain parts of this movie because it's so moving: especially the scenes with Mizuki and Ichigo when Mizuki says she is probably going to retire from being an idol...)








Craft, Games & more
Craft wise I've had to retrace my steps because some yarn which I ordered was a different dye colour, so it didn't match the single ball of yarn which I had. However, I've finished all the squares.....and made a start on joining them together!

I've had fun gaming on Eternal Sonata. Polka and Chopin had to defeat a wild boar creature – the first time I played I died. I then realised that because I'd got the saved data from the previous time I played the game I could use a higher lever party system which allows me to counter-attack and give stronger attacks if I chain normal attacks. This may sound like gobbledegoop but I promise it means that I was able to defeat the monster!
Image result for eternal sonata



Other craft includes some fun colouring! I've done a bit to each of the following pictures which are taking shape nicely.
Despite wanting to I haven't been up for baking more flapjacks, so maybe that will be next week. Winter weather is currently against me.






No comments: