Sunday 29 May 2016

Badger and the Great Rescue by Suzanne Chiew and Caroline Pedler (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

 January 2016, Little Tiger Press, 30 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Summary from Little Tiger Press
When Badger and his friends find a rope, a basket, and a piece of cloth in the woods, they are quick to think of some brilliant ways of recycling them. But then they discover a mole stuck in a tree who needs their help. Can Badger come up with a clever plan to rescue their new friend in need?

Nayu's thoughts  
This book is super cute! I wanted to take photos of every page but a) that would be against copyright & b) I do try to avoid spoilers in my reviews. So I'm settling for 2 photos. 
The first is adorable because mouse doesn't have clothes but does have bed linen and what might be a tablecloth. I get the sense Badger is a bit older than the mouse, and is happy to help his friend with something that will make mouse's life easier. It's Badger who solves a quarrel so all parties are satisfied, but all the friends unite and selflessly stop using their new items to help mole out. 
I feel the 2nd picture of the balloon basket turned into a shed displays ingenuity and resourcefulness, and it's super cute! I'd love a shed like it! This is a real feel good tale which I know will be enjoyed by all who read it. 

Find out more on Caroline's website.

No comments: