Monday 23 May 2016

What are YOU reading? #315



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




READ

Image result for thanks Katy's Pony Summer by Victoria Eveleigh

 Katy's Pony Summer by Victoria Eveleigh
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Another fantastic installment to this fun pony series!)




 Image result for Caramel Hearts by E R Murray

Caramel Hearts by E R Murray
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Another brilliant read from Elizabeth, this time about a wayward teen who makes a lot of wrong choices and finds solace in baking.)





 Image result for Badger and the Great Rescue by Suzanne Chiew and Caroline Pedler

Badger and the Great Rescue by Suzanne Chiew and Caroline Pedler
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(After helping each other 3 friends help another person, happily giving up their new possessions...)




Image result for Introducing Teddy by Jessica Walton and Dougal MacPherson

Introducing Teddy by Jessica Walton and Dougal MacPherson
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Thomas makes a big decision about his life which he worries about how Errol will react...)




Image result for Thicker Than Water by Anne Cassidy

Thicker Than Water by Anne Cassidy
Young Adult, Dyslexia friendly
10E/10E
(A chilling read based on the classic 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck...)





Image result for Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall

Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Phenomenal read about agoraphobia...)










REREAD


Image result for Can We Live Here? by Sarah Alderson

Can We Live Here? by Sarah Alderson
Non-Fiction, Travel
10E/10E
(Sarah's journey into the unknown as a self-employed writer makes me smile, want to hug her, and feed her Percy Pigs...)




Image result for Drina's Dancing Year by Jean Estoril

Drina's Dancing Year by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(I love this second book of Dina's ballet life with lots of drama and emotion from a lovable girl!)










Listened

Image result for aikatsu lucky train

Aikatsu songs
...Japanese version of the Music Idol anime series, my favourite being Lucky Train by Nono and Risappe-it always makes me feel good!





Image result for Winx Club Butterflix album

Winx Club Butterflix album
English version
I put Tynix on repeat while I read with family to block out the TV...





Image result for aikatsu stars aikatsu step

Aikatsu Stars songs
Japanese version of the new music idol anime series -I have barely listened to it physically but Aikatsu Step is stuck in my head 24/7 at the moment! Good thing I now like this anime...









Watched

Image result for holby city serena resigned

Holby City
Medical drama, English version
10/10E
(Brilliant episode, nearly cried when Serena resigned as she is hilarious, but thankfully she retracted the resignation. While Zosia annoys me, I felt sorry when her bi-polar is outed to the public...)





Image result for Aikatsu Stars lola

Aikatsu Stars
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(After multiple rewatches I finally love this spin off! I get annoyed by the English name Laura used instead of Lola which is more accurate - Lola's bubblegum pink hair is cute, and her smugness makes me giggle.)





Image result for clannad after story tomoya

Clannad After Story
Slice of Life anime, English version
10E/10E
(Nagisa and Tomoya are living at her parents, since Tomoya needs space from his father...)




Image result for Love Live School Idol Project eli

Love Live School Idol Project:  Season 2
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I finally can remember all the characters names! The ones in Muse, but that's real progress for me. Love them all but Eli and Maki stand out right now.)





 Image result for Aikatsu sakura

Aikatsu
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I loved watching Sakura debut with Aoi, Ran, Ichigo, Yurika and Otome in a super cute fantasy themed outfit!)










Craft, games and more
This week saw me do a marathon embroidery session 6hrs saw me make a lot of progress on my alphabet sampler!




I've done some work on a crochet blanket too...






I forgot to take photos of any food I made, but I did have a delicious bubblegum flavour ice cream milkshake at Pizza Hut!

Games I'm continuing with minipets, despite a glitch which has being ready so early that I had to lose them then reorder them since they disappear. Annoying!


I've played a bit of Playfirst Diner Dash, and started a super cute Hello Kitty game-at the time of typing this meme I haven't played it, but I am on Sat.






No comments: