Monday 30 May 2016

What are YOU reading? #316





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




READ

Image result for This is the Story of Alison Hubble by Allan Ahlberg and Bruce Ingman

This is the Story of Alison Hubble by Allan Ahlberg and Bruce Ingman
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(A story of a little girl who keeps multiplying...)
 



Image result for The Aftermath by R. J. Prescott

The Aftermath by R. J. Prescott
Romance
10E/10E
(This is a stunning sequel to 'The Hurricane', despite being in O'Connell's POV rather than my favourite character Em's...)
 



Image result for Get Some Rest, Sleeping Beauty! By Steve Smallman and Neil Price

Get Some Rest, Sleeping Beauty! By Steve Smallman and Neil Price
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Sleeping Beauty as you've never seen her before!)
 



Image result for Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Wash Your Hair! by Steve Smallman and Neil Price

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Wash Your Hair! by Steve Smallman and Neil Price
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10/10E
(Another fairytale, which while recognizable, is wonderfully different!)
 



Image result for Smile/Cry by Tania McCartney and Jess Racklyeft

Smile/Cry by Tania McCartney and Jess Racklyeft
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A good introduction to emotions involving crying and smiling...)




 Image result for Rugby Flyer by Gerard Siggins

Rugby Flyer by Gerard Siggins
Young Adult
10/10E
(Life at a rugby camp is tricky with ghosts to deal with for Eoin!)
 



Image result for A Lady Born, A Pirate Bred

A Lady Born, A Pirate Bred by Claire Merchant
Young Adult
10E/10E
(A spunky girl pirate struggles with her identity when life forces Corey in a direction that she resists heart and soul.)
 








Reread
 
Image result for Drina #3 Drina in Exile by Jean Estoril

Drina #3: Drina Dances in Exile by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Drina suffers terribly when circumstances force her away from her ballet school...)
 








Listened
 
Image result for aikatsu start dash sensation

Aikatsu
Anime Music Videos, Japanese version
...pretty much all the songs with Akari's Starlight Queen winning song Start Dash Sensation.




 Image result for aikatsu stars aikatsu step

Aikatsu Stars
Anime Music Videos, Japanese version
... I listened mostly  to Solo by Hime and Yozora, and had Aikatsu Step constantly in my head!









 
Watched
 
Image result for Aikatsu season 1

Aikatsu: Season 1
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Even though I've about 20 episodes left in the season I'm already getting teary eyed because Ichigo is starting to think about her future, by asking Kaede what Aikatsu in America is like compared to Japan. Even though she is away less than the 1st episode of season 2 the emotional farewell scene has me crying my eyes out every time I see it.)
 




Image result for Love Live: Season 2

Love Live: Season 2
Music Idol anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(Finished this fun with serious moments anime with the girls winning the Love Live music competition. So many moments had me crying! Will review it soon!)
 



Image result for The Making of An Ice Princess

The Making of An Ice Princess
BBC2, Documentary, English version
10/10E
(Watching 3 talented skaters take part in competitions is motivating. It's the ones who want to go far themselves rather than the ones pushed by their parents who I believe will make it to the Olympics one day.)
 









 
Craft, games and more
This week I've done zero sewing but have made significant progress on a simple crochet blanket ....
 



...I'm still working on a prototype for a new product, so maybe I can reveal it in next week's post.



 
As far as baking and cooking is concerned I haven't made anything, but my family made both lemon curd ...



...and tasty fruit loaf...



...lemon curd goes well with it but I usually just have butter on it.
 




Game wise, well that will be a post coming very soon. The short version is I've played a Love Live game on my tablet which is fun because it uses the voice actors from the anime, the songs and story from the anime...but I am absolutely hopeless at it and I may give up because I'm that bad! It's a hard rhythm game! And the reason why there'll be an extra post is because I have some very exciting games on their way to me now! That's all I'm saying ^o^

I have played a little on MiniPets – waiting for a baby flamingo to be born!

Image result for mini pets baby flamingo






No comments: