Monday 4 September 2017

Little People, Big Dreams: Audrey Hepburn by Isabel Sanchez Vegara and Amaia Arrazola (Children's, Non-Fiction, 10E/10E)

 7th September 2017, Frances Lincoln Children's Books, 32 pages, Hardback, Review copy 

Book summary
New in the Little People, Big Dreams series, this inspiring and informative little biography follows the colourful life of iconic actress Audrey Hepburn, from her early life during World War Two, to ballet school, her acting career and UNICEF work.

Nayu's thoughts
Before I read this book all I knew about Audrey was that she was a popular actress, and incorrectly assumed she was American (She is from the Netherlands). I knew people liked some of her inspirational quotes, but that was the limit of my knowledge. I had absolutely no idea about the sheer amount and scale of humanitarian work that she did, or why she became an actress. 

I now understand why she is such an icon, not purely for her acting but her generosity to those needing help of some sort, for she keeps goimg and never seems to give up. I'm glad her initial dream of a ballerina was dashed because it made her into an admirable lady who most definitely is a great role model, perfect for this series about inspirational women. The facts  at the back enhance those revealed in her history, the recommended read is on my wishlists, and the illustrations fit the feel of Audry's life. I didn't realise she died in 1993, I thought she had died in her 20s (no idea where that assumption came from).

Suggested read
Check out other books in the series including a fashion designer:Little People, Big Dreams: Coco Chanel (Children's, Non-fiction, 10E/10E)

No comments: