Monday 14 December 2015

What are YOU reading? #296






What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read



Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
Young Adult
REREAD - 10E/10E
(Read in preparation for the next book in this Mafia based series!)





Inferno by Catherine Doyle
Release Date:  February 2016
Young Adult
10E/10E
(I love Millie! She plays a much bigger role in the chaos that is Sophie's life. Watch out for Dolphin philosophy!)






The Italian Dream by Tamara Kate Jarvis
Contemporary Fiction
UNFINISHED but so far - 10E/10E
(A really fun read about taking risks and living your dreams...)





Spice and Wolf: Volume 1 by Isuna Hasekura
Light Novel, English version
UNFINISHED but so far - 10E/10E
(It has the characterisation of the anime perfectly!)






Kilari Star Tome 1 (volume 1) by Taeko Ikeda and An Nakahara
French version
UNFINISHED but so far - 10E/10E
(Couldn't resist trying the manga version of the music idol anime I'm enjoying!)











Listened


Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Young Adult
NOT YET FINISHED - 10E/10E
(The Twilight saga is good for relaxing since it makes me laugh, and also want to watch the films again soon... [did I say that last week?])





Montana Sky by Nora Roberts
Romance
NOT YET FINISHED - 10/10E
(It's hilarious seeing the 3 sisters interact with each other, with the 2 not used to ranch life getting used to it...)





Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara
Romance, Contemporary
NOT YET FINISHED - 10E/10E
(The conditions Darcy has to fulfill before she can have her inheritance is extremely unusual and I've no idea how she'll succeed!)










Watched


Aikatsu the Movie
Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I'd forgotten the movie of one of my favourite anime series makes me cry with happiness. Ichigo becomes the number 1 idol!)





Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(The race is on to get each Symphonia clothing items through the dance/song/ice-skating competitions...)





Love Live: Season 2
Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(The end to this awesome anime was brilliant! Perfect end and I want a series 3 now ^o^)





Neo Angelique Abyss
Science Fiction Anime, Japanese version
REWATCH - 10E/10E
(I thought the last episode was separate, but I must have muddled it with another anime, Elemental Gelade, as what I thought happened at the end didn't happen the way I'd mistakenly remembered. Was both brilliant and sad – yes I cried.)





Winx Club movie: Le Secret Du Royaume Perdu
Magical Girl Anime, French version
REWATCH - 9/10E
(Liked more of it than I remembered – I fast forward the horrid dark fighting scenes that I'm not keen on, hence lower grade, but overall an ace movie from my favourite fairies!)





KinMoza
Slice of Life Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Almost too cute to be true anime, about two girls. The Japanese girl goes to England when she is small and can't speak English but manages to have fun with the English girl. They each adore the other's culture, and when they are teens the English girl transfers to the Japanese girl's school [as does her English friend in a later ep.]. Full of adorable English and Japanese customs, as well as humour.)






Holby City
Medical Drama, English version
9/10E
(Jac gets in trouble!!! Which feels like a first as it's a big deal!)





Cuffs
Police Drama, English version
10/10E
(The easy arrest after a clever move by Donna did increase morale somewhat until disaster struck and one prisoner self-harmed.)





Capital
Drama, English version
10/10E
(The last in the 3 part series saw a happy ending for almost all on the street – the person who sent the weird campaign wasn't punished by law but has hopefully learnt his lesson...)









Craft Time
I've made a bit more progress on this pretty purple blanket...........



I've also sewn a bit more of this project...



And having fun decorating tiara's in my Disney Princess Art Therapy...





I made some fudge....



...and made the centres for some truffles!



No comments: