Monday 25 September 2017

Major Winter Review Policy Change from October 2017 to March 2018

This picture is usually kept for blog information posts.

Those of you who email before this post goes live may already have the news from my blog email auto-reply.  

After much thought I am having a reviewing hiatus from 1st October 2017 to 1st March 2018.

I'm choosing to not accept books for review until March 2018 UNLESS it's for a favourite author. There are a few exceptions - I've contacted a few publicists to keep sending me requests as they are predominantly picture books which I can both read and review quickly. Yeah. I appreciate that may be a bit of a surprise, but it doesn't mean this blog is going quiet for several months! 

I'll still be here!
Let's call what I'm doing winter hibernation. Winter is my worst time of year health wise, I don't do so well when the temperature hits below 10C (& definitely not below 5C). Stress negatively impacts my health (it does for everyone but my condition responds to stress badly), and while reviews aren't a life/death thing, I figure that by doing a suspension on reviews until March 2018 means I can focus more on relaxing. I will still read, it'll just be mostly my own books. And probably a lot of gaming reviews which those who follow me on Twitter @Nayuleska know I tweet a lot about LLSIF (Love Live School Idol Festival) and Deresute. 

Time for a slight change as Winter approaches
Life's been a bit chaotic and stressful lately, and the temperature is starting to decrease already (ignoring this week which seems to be having at least 1 day of a heatwave) hence the change in review policy. If you aren't sure if you're a favourite author (or you look after a favourite author) please do get in touch either by the form on this website (on the right hand menu) and I'll let you know, or send me an email. 

This doesn't affect reviews I've already committed myself to between October and March 2018. I am upholding those, this is more for anyone requesting a review from today will probably get a negative response from me. I will answer emails explaining that as I know not everyone checks back on my review policy (or on the type of genres I do review...). I will try and repost this post once a month in the absence of being unable to sticky a post here. 

I hope I can start accepting books for review sooner than March, but it does depend entirely on the weather. If we have a good winter, I'll accept books sooner. However, if we have a bad winter that I may have to extend the Winter Policy into March. I simply won't know until I get to February, which isn't for a few months yet! I appreciate your understanding in this policy change.
It totally feels like my body has two modes: Winter and Non-Winter!
I hope this is all clear - please let me know if you have any questions. I promise this blog isn't going dark until March 2018! If you are able to wait until March for a review then please do still ask me to do them. I really appreciate your continued support and understanding for changes related to my blogging schedule.
This blog will always be full of fun things!


No comments: